Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tenaciously Hanging on Equals Success!!!


Yesterday and today have turned out great so far! My mentorship yesterday was filled with cows, bulls, and calves, and all had procedures that I needed to observe/do on my check list for the mentorship. I got to preg check a cow and this time I actually felt something besides a lot of soft squishyness. It was a calf! Yay!!! I also learned how to do breeding soundness exams, and gave vaccines to some little calves. I even made Dr. Klentz laugh, so it was a great day at the Mentorship. When I got home Max had made a delicious and healthy dinner of Ratatoulli with couscous, yum! Then we went and sold my Ipod Shuffle, which I hadn't used in ages, for $20.00, which I was very happy with. Then we went to Cold Stone for a treat, and finally came home, where we met Adrian, Michelle and Elizabeth who came over for a nice glass of wine while watching Princess and the Frog! It was a lovely night!

This morning after a restful sleep I woke up and weighed myself. I actually lost 2 lbs. ! What?!?!? I have no idea how that happened but it did! Now I have 2 great dresses that I haven't been able to wear in ages that fit! Yes!!! I wish I could say it was because of exercise and a rigid diet, but alas, I haven't been able to exercise for the past week due to the mentorship and my diet has been sporadic on the calories. I guess I will just keep doing what I am doing. I can't wait to start exercising once school starts though!

(I love the Far Side, this has been my favorite strip from it since I was about 10 years old!)

No comments:

Post a Comment