Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Any Mentors Out There???


One thing I really wish I had was a mentor. Someone older and wiser to show me the ropes, talk about serious stuff, and who wanted to encourage me. When you get into Vet school it's nice to have someone on your side who can tell you it will all be ok in the end, because sometimes it feels like no matter what you do you are failing at not only school, but life in general. Vet school takes every ounce of strength and will power to stay positive and keep moving forward, and sometimes you just lose it and have to break down. Thank fully I have many wonderful friends and an awesome boyfriend to help get me through, but that doesn't mean I don't have bad days, because I definitely still do. Thankfully today is not one of those days, and hopefully I can get through the rest of the semester without another one. But to all those other vet students, don't be afraid to have miserable, nasty, tantrum throwing, cry your eyes out, hate your life, and wish you could quit days. It's part of the learning process they don't tell you about.

Anyways, that whole thing was supposed to be about the fact I got an email from a vet practice today saying they are full up with students for the summer and I will have to find someone else to do my mixed practice mentorship with. Boo. I don't have any idea who to do it with now...maybe I can ask a professor for advice. I suppose I could just look up vets near my home town too. I will have to do some detective work.

In other news, I had an excellent work out today! We did intervals on a bike, elliptical and treadmill for half an hour, and then we did strength training for arms, five different moves in three circuits. My arms are probably the fittest part of me so it wasn't terrible although I was still shaking at the end of each circuit. I felt very accomplished at the end though, which is great because I was not very happy today with my weight. I actually forgot to weigh myself this morning, but my jeans seem really tight which is never encouraging. Blehh. I'm very pear shaped, which I hate! Not that I would be happy if I was apple or any other shape since I need to lose, but it sure makes me hate pants.

Well I suppose I had better get on to doing some homework. Clinical Pathology waits for no man, and I am behind in all my other classes too. Excelsior!

P.S. If you don't know who Stan Lee is find out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment