Monday, February 7, 2011

I Heart Large Animal Medicine


So today we had Large Animal Surgery lab, and it was fantastic!!! It wasn't a train wreck like small animal surgery was!!! The teachers were much more patient and taught me all sorts of interesting things. I also actually learned how to use a balling gun, I felt stuff when I palpated, I learned to tie knots, I answered questions right, I got to draw blood. It was an epic win!!! It really makes me want to be a large animal vet, but unfortunately I have very little experience in large animal. Maybe I can get some somehow....

1 comment:

  1. 500 points for large animal!!! I think the world of small animal is just more uptight in general. I'm glad you found something you like. Don't let your lack of experience hold you back. I've talked to vets who spent 3 years on one track and then during their senior year they changed their mind and went down a completely different road. You can do whatever you want!!

    ReplyDelete