Friday, August 27, 2010

Recipes for Fall 2010


Cooking makes me happy, especially baking. Whenever I get bored or stressed, I know I can look up a recipe, make it, and make somebody happy when they eat it. It also helps me because it's methodical, it takes time, planning and a small amount of work, and in the end, when you are waiting for something to come out of the oven, their is that tiny bit of suspense and anticipation of seeing how everything comes out. So to help keep me sane during school I have decided to bake once a week, most likely on Friday afternoons or Saturday mornings. This way I can either a) have fun with a new recipe, or b) bake something that I can use for breakfast or snacks during the week. Below is the schedule I am going to use, this schedule may change with tests and holidays etc. but I am going to try to stick to it as much as possible! I am including where I got the recipes from (if they are , in case anyone else would like to cook along with me!

September 4th: Corn Bread
September 11th: Lemon Melting Moments (ittybittykitchen.com)
September 18th: Cottage Cheese Muffins (101cookbooks.com)
September 24th: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles (loveandoliveoil.com)

October 2nd: Celtic Knot Cookies (www.sprinklebakes.com)
October 8th: Pumpkin Bread Pudding (closetcooking.blogspot.com)
October 16th: Oatmeal Cream Pies
October 22nd: Greek Pizza Muffins
October 29th: Homemade Candy Corn (seriouseats.com)

November 3rd: Max's Birthday Surprise!!!
November 13th: Chocolate Gooey Butter Cake
November 19th:Maple Baked Apples
November 24th: Upside-Down Cranberry Corn Bread (gildedfork.com)

December 4th: Healthy Blueberry Lemon Scones (gimmesomeoven.com)
December 11th: Medley Muffins (gimmesomeoven.com)
December 18th: Cake or Death Cake
December 24th: To Be Arranged
December 31st: To Be Arranged

No comments:

Post a Comment